Take a moment to listen to the song "Canyon"-Ellie Holcomb
I have always loved this song the lyrics my goodness touches the depths of my inner most being...
"there is a river running through my deepest sorrow... there is a river running through my deepest pain...there is a river running through every dream that didn't come true. Made me a canyon but there's a river running through."
Rivers are ever flowing they are never stagnant... they keep going sometimes they flow more and sometimes they flow less. You know when I was little, I had the great pleasure of visiting the Grand Canyon one of the vastest canyons you will see in this lifetime. A canyon that was formed by a deep river.
Rivers symbolize Life and Healing... a lot in the bible and I think of my own life growing up in Tri Cities WA, the Columbia River is what flows through the 3 cities it is well known and well appreciated, I remember so often when I would get overwhelmed with the worries and troubles of life I would go sit down at the River and pray, ponder and reflect. There is something so calming about being around a body of water, Rivers are different than a lake or an ocean. Rivers especially in biblical times were used for baptism a symbolic of washing away the old and bringing in the new. What in your life needs to be washed new? What river need to cleanse the pain of your heart? Rivers bring life.. rivers nurture, rivers a huge thing for the eco system.
Eco-system wise rivers are vital for fresh waters, support life... is a river flowing through your heart, your past, your future or are you in a drought season?
We now look at some scriptures Jesus calls himself the living water... How deep can he touch your heart and wash the pain away to reach the dryest parts of yourself and bring revival to the parts you thought were going to stay in the drought season forever.
Not only can a river benefit you, but it can also benefit others. Rivers bring nourishment to others. We look at John 7:37-39. Jesus said those who believe in him will have living waters flowing through us to help other believers. Let's go deep now. Do other people feel the effects Jesus has in your life. Are you asking others to join you on this ride call life? Where can they experience the true and living waters? Waters that revive, renew and rehydrate?
A healthy river is always flowing; it doesn't become stagnant... likewise our lives need to keep flowing with the Holy Spirit toiling our rocks in our hearts and to provide fresh springs to grow new life in our lives.
Life... Renewal... not stagnant. I don't ever want to be stagnant in my walk and I know there has been seasons where I have been but God... He is faithful to pick us up and renew us. Keep us going with the flow the eb and the flow of this beautiful ride called life..
Rivers wash away the pain and then eventually lead it to the depths of the ocean where it will never be seen again, or our pain will produce something even more beautiful in the ocean a pearl. Pain produces pearls.
So enjoy the ride, yes the flow may be so hard at times you may feel like you are drowning at times but my dear child, God hasn't forgotten you. He is right beside you on this river of life. He will never let his grasp go of you precious child. You are holy, chosen and so dear to His heart.
May you be blessed this week and know always I am here for you if you ever need to talk or pray.
With Love
Makayla Chalee

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.