"And I will refine them as silver is refined, and I will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them. I will say, they will be my people and they shall say The Lord is my God."-Zechariah 13:9
Fire destroys but fire can also rebuild. After living here in Arkansas for quite some I have noticed something they do in this state which other states I have lived in do not do... It is this something called a control burn, where they intentionally set a portion of the forest on fire. Why? What is the purpose of this well it is so it can be made healthy. It is so new life and vegetation can grow new life.
The way to refine precious metals like gold or silver is to put them through the fire. To melt down all the imperfections, all the impurities and the blemishes we see.
I know I have been going through a heated fire right now and I am screaming out God can you get me out of this, can you rescue me?
And my goodness he has, He has heard my cry and has heard my plea.
What I am thinking about right now is how God knew this specific fire would happen in my life yet none the less turn his ears from hearing my plead. None the less would come running to my rescue as a Good Father does. Yet none the less try me through this fire, but I am still stay The Lord is My God. He is Jehovah Jireh the Lord will provide, Jehovah Nissi the Lord is My Banner and Jehovah Rapha the Lord is my healer. In church we are learning about old hymns and the names of God and where most of them originate from in scripture.
How many people in Genesis went through their own fires, where everything was destroyed but new life was reborn. New life grew.
Did you know that in forest fires life can even begin to re-grow as early as 3 weeks post fire? 3 weeks what can happen in your life in 3 weeks? Ferns can grow back as soon as 3 weeks...Did you know that ferns are one of the oldest plants to be here on earth? What if before your blooming season it is your fern season? They are one of the few plants that don't produce seeds or flowers. Something I just learned today too is did you know that they are some ferns that can handle extreme conditions that would otherwise kill another plant. They are one of the fastest plants to grow back after a fire. And in some ancient cultures they viewed ferns as a symbol of rebirth. Wow long before controlled burns, long before the benefits of fires...
Rebirth what if that is what I am going through instead of a fire destroying everything it is rebirthing... Rebirthing a version of myself that never even knew existed. You know what animal also rebirths one of the few animals is a butterfly it transforms from a caterpillar into one of the most beautiful insects that God created. I look back on my life and I couldn't see it for a while but rebirth is possible.
Re-training your brain to learn new patterns, new self-respect an learn who you truly were created to be. To be a fern and push through extreme conditions..
They say short term with forest fires life starts growing back 1-5 years, then long term 20+ years.
Who says that to start to heal only takes 3 weeks long? I believe people can heal at tremendous rates when they are leaning on God... Not just leaning but pressing into the Kings of Kings. To be tried in the fire and still standing saying Lord thank you that you are here in the fire with me.
So maybe just maybe instead of destruction it is a new season of re birth.
I am no longer ruined.. for up from the ashes I am being reborn I will rise... And there will be re-growth, re-birth and renewal.
Until next time dear friends, you are loved more than you know and if you ever need prayer please let me know you are not alone in this fire...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.